Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, enthusiastic, tenacious, and impeccably-organized business coordinator for its events and broadcast teams. The position will report to the Business Operations Specialist, Global Broadcast & Events.
Dividing support between contract, payment, and payroll process facilitation will be the position’s primary focus. The ideal candidate will thrive on detail-heavy requests as they track, report on, and support complex business processes. They must also be able to work quickly and efficiently, multitask with a high-volume workload, remain productive in high-pressure situations, and communicate clearly across various subjects and individuals. The position will also include general administrative and operational duties.
- Initiate, track, and facilitate events team and broadcast team contracts and POs, working closely with Blizzard’s legal, finance, and accounting
- Support financial operations including invoicing, payables, coding, budgeting, and financial data entry, working closely with Blizzard’s accounts payable team.
- Identify, track, and analyze gaps in business processes for escalation and occasional presentation to organization leadership
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts.
- Manage weekly approval and submission of contractor timesheets and expenses to ensure payments are made on time and for the accurate amount.
- Coordinate and facilitate new contractor onboarding and I9 verification.
- Create and manage project creation and payroll workflows within digital timecard management system.
- Support financial operations related to employer of record payroll including invoicing, coding, budgeting, reconciliation, reporting, and projections, working closely with Blizzard’s accounts payable team, finance, and the broadcast & events business operations team
- Configure, update, and maintain user access and permissions within the broadcast and events teams’ shared systems including SharePoint, OneDrive, and more.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business operations or administrative role that included legal or financial responsibilities
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a payroll processing or payroll accounting role preferably in the broadcast or entertainment industry, or comparable experience working with an employer of record
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal errors
- Deep experience with establishing cross-department partnerships and influencing without authority
- Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Problem-solving skills to eliminate issues and improve processes and efficiencies
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality
- Customer-service orientation
- Love of learning and growing
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Excel & JIRA
- Proficiency with JIRA, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Experience working in the gaming or broadcast industry
- Six Sigma, LEAN, or other process improvement knowledge
- A passion for gaming Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.