A new position has spawned on the World of Warcraft team, and we’re looking for an experienced senior gameplay engineer to join our party and help shape the future of Azeroth. It’s not lightly that Blizzard Entertainment counts “Gameplay First” among the core values that serve as critical guideposts to all we make here. A great, lasting game begins and ends with gameplay, and in this role your challenge is clear: craft the game systems that make compelling gameplay possible.
Working closely with designers, artists, and your fellow engineers, we want you to help us continue to explore and unlock all that the future of World of Warcraft can be for our players. We’ll arm you with the latest technologies and an intensely passionate, collaborative team environment designed to enable you to be at your best.
Twelve years in and we feel like we’re just getting started. How about you…ready to work?
- Fluent in C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills, as well as a broad understanding of game systems
- Experience with owning and driving the development of a gameplay feature from start to finish
- Experience with code optimization
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an MMORPG
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Prior development working with client / server game systems
- Knowledge of Lua
- Working knowledge of World of Warcraft and / or other MMORPGs
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- What, if any, experience do you have with World of Warcraft
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.