Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced software development leader to serve as Technical Director on our unannounced game team. Are you passionate about Blizzard franchises? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our small team at Blizzard is working on an unannounced mobile project, and we’re looking for an accomplished leader that enjoys collaborating closely with engineering leads to set the vision and drive technology direction. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence all aspects of the project, from the overall design to its artistic vision and technology. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Build and support a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Identify and prioritize technology initiatives, ensuring that subgroups are focused on the right objectives for each milestone
- Contribute as a key member of the steering group to navigate the team towards launch and beyond
- Coordinate with art, commercial, design, legal, production, QA, and sound leads to ensure that engineering is providing the right support to each group
- Form partnerships with leaders around the company who support the project and drive alignment on philosophy or code sharing whenever possible
- Mentor other engineering leads on the team and help their groups flourish
- Establish development and operational procedures including coding guidelines, code reviews, deployment plans, etc
- Represent all technical interests for the project during product review sessions
- A passion for excellence with the vision and perseverance to achieve it through others
- Excellent communication skills with engineers and all other collaborators
- Equally comfortable as an architect, advocate, leader, and implementer
- An ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements & schedules
- Champions when and how rather than if something can be done
- Fluency in C# or C++
- Intermediate experience with Unity
- Familiarity with mobile development
- Experience building and supporting a live game
- A passion for Blizzard games
- Experience shipping mobile games
- A passion for mobile games
- Experience across multiple client or server specialties (automation, features, gameplay, server, tools, etc)
- Previous experience as the engineering lead or director of a project
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.