Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced community manager passionate about Blizzard Esports, gaming communities, communication, and social media. This role works in close partnership with publishing, Esports, customer service and game teams, building excitement and relationships within the Blizzard competitive gaming community. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with a proven track record of large-scale community development and Esports efforts in the entertainment industry.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard Esports and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
- Drive the design and execution of Global Esports communication efforts across owned platforms and social media channels
- Manage communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement
- Write blogs and provide coverage related to Blizzard Esports
- Design and manage community development projects related to competitive gaming, including high-impact, high-cost events
- Manage relationships with community Esports partners such as fan sites, influencers, players, teams, and volunteers
- Drive cross-franchise Esports collaboration
- Create engagement opportunities at in-person and online events
- Manage internal relationships with stakeholder departments such as Esports, publishing, customer service and web & mobile
- Review and ensure quality on behalf of the team and brand
- Coach and train Community Esports staff
- Drive analytics and reporting on content performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Responsible for collection and provision of meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
- Collaborate with global teammates, ensuring proper communication to them
- Provide leadership-level Esports reports and strategic input on Esports direction
- Back up team as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- Minimum two years’ experience with third party relationship management
- Minimum two years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Experience with sports or Esports communications
- Experience with formal internal presentation to leadership
- Highly collaborative
- Staff coaching experience
- Experience with project management and process improvement
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games, especially Hearthstone
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Video production and / or graphic arts experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Sample of written work
**Only submittals with the above three materials will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.