Blizzard Entertainment is searching for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to help deliver features on our Ecommerce SDK by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Ecommerce Purchase team.
Battle.net & Online Products is home to 300+ engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers our games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or making purchases, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Ecommerce Purchase team maintains our cross platform and globally distributed ordering & subscriptions systems. The SDK is a crucial part of how we integrate these experiences directly into our games.
Our ideal candidate is a capable software engineer with previous experience developing for a variety of platforms and devices, focused on working with constraints and writing performant code. You should also enjoy working closely with engineers from outside teams to collaborate on solutions that benefit the entire platform.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with new and existing teams to ensure smooth integration of Ecommerce SDK into their respective products.
- Work with teams inside Battle.net & Online Products to ensure their SDKs work with all of our targeted platforms and compilers, as well as manage potential breaking changes.
- Write production-ready SDK sample-code to demonstrate proper use of the Battle.net platform.
- Collaborate with technical writers to enhance SDK documentation.
- Manage and improve the release process of multiple code bases.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional software engineering work experience.
- Proficient in modern, cross-platform C++.
- Familiarity with networking protocols and client/server architecture.
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills.
- Comfortable with working in, analyzing, and improving an existing codebase.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, attention to detail, and a “can-do”
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with mobile SDK's (NDK, GoogleBilling, StoreKit, etc)
- Experience build processes and pipelines, especially CI/CD.
- Experience with Premake, CMake, or other project generation tools.
- Previous work on SDKs, APIs, services or other products where software engineers are the primary customer.
- Working knowledge of multiple platforms, especially consoles and mobile.
- Familiarity with Java and/or C#.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.