The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.Responsibilities
- Execute provided testing tasks with an emphasis on manual test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure activities
- Work closely with other developers as content is delivered to ensure requirements are both verified and validated
- Use KPIs to validate and report against software quality SLAs
- Be a creative thinker who can test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Responsible for working within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Support the test design effort through the creation and modification of test cases and work estimations
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or approximately 3 years of equivalent experience
- Understanding of the fundamental test process
- Analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understand various SDLC best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Passion for games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- CTFL, ISTQB or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
- Native or fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Deep knowledge of the Diablo series and lore.
- Shipped a mobile game or extensive knowledge of the mobile ARPG market.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.