The Battle.net Data Team builds and maintains a massive Big Data Platform for all of Blizzard Entertainment's games, tools, and operations. As a member of the Data Team, you'll contribute to one of the world's largest and most robust data pipelines to collect global information that powers analytics, operations, discovery, and machine learning throughout Blizzard's products and services. From real-time operational awareness to machine learning systems for epic gameplay experiences- Blizzard is aiming to be a world leader in Big Data.
This position is focused on managing cloud system infrastructure for Battle.net Long-Term-Analytic data pipelines, services and data lake / data warehouse. Applies skills as a seasoned, experienced systems infrastructure professional with a full understanding of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and containerization best practices. Resolves a wide range of issues that are moderately complex in scope. Designs and implements configuration management solutions that reduce long-term maintenance, improve reproducibility of deployed systems, and increase the visibility of system configuration.
If you can imagine yourself in the center of the data revolution at the most epic company ever, and you want to help shape the future of Big Data platforms- this may be the job for you!
- 5+ years of experience in designing, provisioning and managing Hadoop systems
- Understanding of GCP services, including but not limited to Networking, VPC, GKE, GCS, PubSub, Cloud Functions, DataFlow, DataProc and BigQuery.
- Required understanding of container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes and ability to design and implement container solutions within an GCP environment.
- Understanding of configuration management technologies such as Docker, TerraForm/Terragrunt, Cloud Deployment Manager, and Puppet. Able to apply knowledge in automating system provisioning, releasing and maintenance.
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner. Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to train application developers in basic maintenance of infrastructure code, GCP services, systems, and integrations.
- Understanding of system performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance.
- Advanced knowledge of GCP, Linux, and network security best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software.
- Experience with data at scale and the problems that come with it
- Proven and demonstrable ability to rapidly learn and master complex systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing complex scripts used to perform system maintenance and administration.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining container orchestration solutions.
- Experience writing high level code such as Python or Ruby.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.