Blizzard Entertainment, a company driven by its passion for excellence, is looking for a full-time Assistant Art Director – Franchise for Overwatch, our highly successful team-based FPS. We want someone who can collaborate with multiple departments within Blizzard as well as third-parties, and our Art Director to ensure brand integrity and quality. Must be forward thinking and have a strong pulse on the Overwatch design themes, strong typography skills, solid understanding of color theory, and possess excellent Photoshop skills.
- Reviewing and approving all creative work - Guide the design direction of all branding and visual design projects, both physical and digital
- Solve complex visual problems and turn them into beautifully clear designed solutions that reinforce the brand
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work high-level brand theming issues
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure a high level design across all projects and maintain brand consistency and brand quality in all usages
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish with minimal to no supervision while keeping all stakeholders appropriately informed and engaged
- Facilitate communications, organization, and accountability across all departments and stakeholders to ensure high-level project goals are met
- Collaborate with our Art Director to maintain alignment as the franchise evolves visually and thematically
- Must have 3+ years working as a Senior Graphic Designer or 2+ years as an Art Director
- Must have a strong understanding of design fundamentals and able to apply Overwatch design values on a wide variety of media projects
- Strong layout skills, logo design, and illustration abilities is a big plus, must have superior Photoshop skills
- Able to work with team leads, external vendors and directors to align priorities
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Broadcast media art direction experience
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills for working with internal and external teams
- Significant graphic design production experience
- Game development experience as an art director
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.