This is a paid, part-time remote contracting position with an expected 10-15 hours per week of work while tournaments are in progress through our third-party vendor. Tespa is the world’s largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus support programs. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together.
We’re looking for Tournament Administrators, Tespa (Temp) with tournament organization experience and exceptional communication skills to support our collegiate tournament leagues. Our goal is to provide an world-class competitive experience for our players, while encouraging students to study and play responsibly.
Our ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, and has a good understanding of our games. Experience playing in competitive events, being a proven collegiate leader on your campus, or experience with object-oriented programming are all pluses for this position.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of rules and regulations for all Tespa Tournament Programs
- Help support players live via the Tespa Discord servers and other channels
- Maintain positive and professional attitude at all times while administering the tournament
- Escalate difficult questions or disputes not fully covered by the rules to the head admin
- Work with direct report to communicate availability during Tournament Hours (defined in time commitments) each week
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average at their college or university
- Strong written and oral business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with college members
- Approximately 10-15 hours of time per week
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
- Able to travel between 3-6 times per academic year
- Member of a Tespa Chapter
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Experience running and/or playing in competitive events
- Strong understanding of Tespa-supported games
- Experience writing esports-related communications
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.