Well met, student engineers! Blizzard’s University Relations would like to thank you for your interest and for taking the initiative to apply for this exciting opportunity. Before we turn this job description over to the team, we’d like tell you a bit about Blizzard Entertainment. Our New Grad Program is focused on helping you, the intrepid graduating student, begin your career in gaming in the most effective way possible. Blizzard’s not an easy place to get into, but we believe we’re a studio worthy of your talents. For over 25 years, Blizzard employees have cultivated a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love what we do for a living, and we’re proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck! And now, over to the team.
Our team has an opening for a graduate software engineer to implement gameplay features for an unannounced mobile experience. As a gameplay engineer at Blizzard Entertainment, you will be the bridge that connects technology with game design and art. The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for innovation, critical thinking and analysis, strong people skills, and boundless creativity. Be passionate about making games and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
- Graduating between December 2017 and August 2018
- Authorized to work in the US
- Collaborate with developers from all disciplines to ensure a great player experience
- Collaborate with members of the engineering team to build reusable and maintainable technologies and code
- A passion for Blizzard games
- Knowledge of a programming language such as C# or C/C++
- Strong mathematics background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, etc.)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Major in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, real-time interactive simulation, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, lighting, and camera control
- Experience with Unity for personal, professional, or educational projects
- Experience with unit test frameworks
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
WARNING! Applications that do not include all the required materials will not be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.