Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Virtualization Engineer to help in supporting Blizzard’s corporate Virtualization and Cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate is adept to provide world class virtualized infrastructure, has mastered virtualization best-practice, and possess a solid expertise in Cloud design and orchestration. He/She will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement virtualization related technology solutions for Blizzard. This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Support, maintain, and improve the global corporate virtual server infrastructure
- Work closely with a team of engineers to drive technology innovation for the department
- Collaborate with the IT security team to ensure implemented solutions meet security standards
- Drive automation at every layer of the technology stack, with the goal of providing a mature, stable platform for the entire company
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability and provide training
- Work with a Project Management team to develop and implement complex projects
- Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on call rotation
- 10+ years of experience with the entire VMware vSphere stack in a large environment
- 10+ years of experience with enterprise hardware (Cisco UCS experience is a plus)
- 5+ years of experienceenterprise VDI platform and vGPU
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux CentOS
- Advanced knowledge of cloud orchestration technologies (vRA, UCSD, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of automation technologies (Scripting, Puppet, Foreman, Chef, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco UCS Central
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise monitoring solutions, such asvROps, SolarWinds, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking technologies and best practices
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Knowledge of relevant development trends and technologies (Docker, CI, etc.)
- Knowledge of non-VMware virtualization solution (KVM, Hyper-V,etc…)
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS solution (EMC, HP, NetApp,etc…)
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.