Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a localization expert to collaborate in the creation and quality control and localized game assets and other material from English into German, while championing localization user experience enhancement efforts. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual with a professional game localization background and a strong technical profile.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in linguistic and technical tasks to create and tune German localized assets for Blizzard Entertainment games and support material.
- Ensure high-quality translation and consistency through quality assurance artifacts.
- Safeguard game immersion while assuring regional user expectations and regulations compliance.
- Proactively act as subject matter expert and contribute with all global localization stakeholders.
- Experience in localization and game testing, and mastery of Blizzard Entertainment games’ lore and mechanics
- Excellent German language skills, and capacity to communicate and provide feedback in English in a clear, concise, professional and effective manner
- Able to produce and tune creative content in a timely fashion
- Drive to improve quality and game immersion through creative, practical and collaborative solutions
- Good command of translation and quality control tools, and of PC and Microsoft Office pack
- Able to teamwork in a proactive and positive manner to achieve shared objectives
- Passion for video games, heroic fantasy, sci-fi worlds and pop culture
- Experience working in multicultural environments
- Previous experience on a shipped title
- Knowledge of subtitling, images, software and website localization tools
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters (both in English) will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.