World Environment Artist
A World Environment Artist creates vast, expansive, and epic lands. From mountain ranges to forests, and other regions of Azeroth. Experience with hand painted art styles, creating terrain, foliage, and natural elements are the key areas of strength to have in this role on the World of Warcraft team.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept and color keys for outdoor environments
- Sculpt and model 3D trees, rocks, grass, and other elements found in the zone
- Paint hand-painted textures for grounds and other natural surfaces in the world
- Paint sky domes for exterior areas
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development modeling and texturing natural elements
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Portfolio website
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.