An environment artist creates vast, expansive, and epic lands. Your goal is to bring to life the mountain ranges, forests, and other regions of the vast world of Azeroth.
Our ideal candidate has experience with hand-painted art styles, creating environments, terrain, foliage, and natural structures. The environment team is extremely passionate about shaping the large and expansive lands of World of Warcraft.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing natural elements using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- An exceptional understanding of what’s needed to create terrain and foilage
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test may be required
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Experience designing and creating animated FX
- Knowledge and understanding of the Warcraft universe
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.