Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and The Lost Vikings - which is your favorite Blizzard universe? Having a hard time choosing? You don't have to!
Blizzard is looking for a Hero who can champion an idea from concept to completion. We expect your people skills to be on par with your artistic skill set. We value positive team-players who both give constructive feedback and are open to it in return. As a concept artist on the Heroes of the Storm team, you will have the unique opportunity to work with entire catalogue of iconic Blizzard franchises. You will contribute your own ideas and art to enrich both our game and universes.
Sounds fun? If you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Create key concept art (for character, skins, mounts, UI, props and environments), paint over screenshots, and loading screens
- Collaborate with art, design, animation, and visual effects departments to deliver heroes, skins, maps, mounts, and other supporting assets that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development specializing in either character or environment concept art
- Shipped an AAA game for PC, or console as a concept artist
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
- Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- A self-driven, passionate, and creative problem solver with a great team first attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques and software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Outsourcing, User Interface, and/or motion graphics experience
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to architecture, landscape painting, and illustration
- Familiar with the MOBA genre
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.