Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced individual to be our lead systems designer for Heroes of the Storm. As the systems lead, you’ll work with all departments to shape the social, competitive, and online community. You’ll also drive the engagement systems that keep players coming back for more, while looking for ways to continue growing the game.
As a feature and product owner, you’ll also be responsible for maintaining strong lines of communication between all departments and disciplines.
The right person will foster a creative and energetic environment for a group of peers who are passionate about making great games, and help mentor them to grow as designers. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, and extensive knowledge of MOBA games.
- Work with team leadership to design and influence game systems for online features which promote positive social, community, and competitive interaction.
- Design and see to completion entire game systems.
- Work with team leadership to set direction for feature development.
- Grow and mentor other designers.
- Work closely with the user interface, technical, and systems design teams to implement game interactions and user interface which support social and engagement systems.
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement.
- Coordinate closely with business and business intelligence teams.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the video game industry
- Designed, developed, and shipped major game systems in a AAA game
- Able to develop and champion a strong design vision for a game system from concept to completion
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical environment
- Previous lead experience
- Experience in current MOBA games
- Experience working on a live game
- Education in sociology, social psychology or related field
- Analytical skills for evaluating systems and interpreting player behavior data
- Knowledge of free-to-play games and monetization
- Comfortable with community and press interaction
- Experience in user interface and interaction design with representative wire-frames or mock-ups
- Experience in other game development disciplines: User Interface, Audio, Art, Engineering
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.