Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a technical artist to help create and develop new art tools on World of Warcraft.
Your challenge is to help one of the most talented art teams in the world bring the mighty lands of Azeroth to players. We’ve been fostering epic experiences for over 10 years', and your goal is to make both the player and the developer experience even better with your artistic and technical insight. We want you to work closely with artists, engineers, and other technical artists to both find day-to-day improvements and achieve long term goals.
Our ideal candidate has experience with art workflows from shipping one or more successful AAA console and / or PC games, and will use this knowledge to assess and improve art development. We are looking for someone passionate about building great tools, great people, and great games.
You’ll be part of a team just as excited as you are about crafting one of the largest and deepest games ever made, and together we’ll make World of Warcraft.
- Vision to create and improve art tools.
- Able to communicate with both engineering and the art departments.
- Develop future tools.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with artists to understand and support their needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, especially 3ds Max, Maya, and Photoshop
- Attention to detail, with skills to create plans that set up success for the future and still support thousands of existing pieces of the world.
- High skill level of at least one set of technical art roles and responsibilities, and understanding of all domains related to technical art
- Able to implement and test new tools as they are created
- Extensive experience in AAA game development in a technical art role.
- Knowledge and understanding of C / C++
- Experience writing art tools
- Extensively played WoW
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- An art or tech test may be required
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.