The Data Team within Battle.net builds and maintains a massive Big Data platform for all of Blizzard Entertainment's games, tools, and operations. As a member of the Data Team, you'll contribute to one of the world's largest and most robust data pipelines to collect global information that powers analytics, operations, discovery, and machine learning throughout Blizzard's products and services. From real-time operational awareness to machine learning systems for epic gameplay experiences- Blizzard is aiming to be a world leader in Big Data.
This position is focused on expanding and maintaining the continuous integration systems for the Big Data Platform. From SDKs in various languages/platforms (including mobile) to massively scaled data pipelines, our integration tests need to cover every possible scenario, small and large. You'll collaborate with a team of engineers to design and build an epic testing pipeline for a system that handles billions of messages each day.
If you're excited by massive challenges, love the idea of working at Blizzard Entertainment, and want to help shape the future of Big Data platforms- this may be the job for you!
- Deep understanding of building integration tests and automatic pipelines
- Proficient in a cross-platform language (NodeJS, Python, Java, etc...)
- Proficient with Linux
- Experienced developing and maintaining fully automated continuous integration solutions
- Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Familiar with Jenkins
- Familiar with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experienced in multiple programming languages
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Flume, Spark, Hive, Impala, etc)
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, LogStash, Tribes, Kibana, etc)
- A problem solving addiction (regardless of programming language/platform)
- Great communications skills
- Passion for technology and video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.