Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned creative director to join our Diablo team as we look to the future! The ideal candidate will understand the core of what makes the Diablo universe resonate with players, and will be able to collaborate with art and design to rally around a consistent vision of world, story, and tone. Additionally, the candidate will possess an exceptional ability to inspire large teams and pitch and evangelize ideas as part of a larger-scale creative framework.
- Inspire and align the team around creative goals
- Ensure consistency of creative vision across art, story, design, and cinematics
- Run kickoffs for new content ideas
- Develop key story outlines and content briefs to guide art and content creation
- Interface with external groups to ensure consistency of vision outside the game
- Help steer strategic creative decisions at a franchise level
- 6+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in design roles
- Multiple shipped titles in a lead role with oversight of a design group or discipline
- Exceptional ability to pitch and inspire
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on story, art, and content development
- A deep passion for dark fantasy in general and the Diablo franchise in particular
- A great understanding of modern game development
- Previous experience as a game director or creative director
- Deep understanding of world design, cinematics, or narrative design
- Previous management experience leading large groups
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.