Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Post Production Engineering Specialist to support its Blizzard Video and Sound teams. Blizzard Video is the internal creative video and post-production arm of the Story & Franchise Development team. We exist to engage, inform and activate the global Blizzard community through the creation of epic video content.
The Post Production Engineering Specialist position is a crucial role – it’s an integral part of a fast-paced environment, offering an opportunity to aid and elevate our high performing game capture, sound and editorial groups, while also advising on pipeline tools, hardware, storage and network concerns, as well as diagnose day-to-day system problems and offer solutions. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with attention to detail and a willingness to learn alongside a growing and talented team.
- Report to the Director of Technology for Story & Franchise Development, and serve as an embedded engineer owning the engineering group’s efforts within the Blizzard Video and Sound teams.
- Work closely with Blizzard Video and Sound subteam heads - capture, editorial and sound managers – to design, implement and support production and post production-ready systems, software and infrastructure.
- First level technical support for Blizzard Video and Sound team members, including OS, software support, network troubleshooting and workflow advice.
- Sandbox testing of application updates; management of app versions, plugins and licenses.
- Bridge knowledge gaps between teams, proactively identify inefficiencies and improvements, and develop solutions.
- Stay current with technical knowledge of creative software applications including the Adobe Suite and Avid's Pro Tools.
- Possess extensive knowledge of codecs, containers and file formats, and post production workflows.
- Recognize, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems independently; following IT procedures as established by corporate and department IT, while balancing creative workflow needs.
- Contribute documentation regarding tools and best practices to our team wiki.
- Minimum 5 years of support experience in a professional post-production environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Extensive knowledge of Avid ProTools.
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Production Suite applications.
- Experience in developing systems to enable Adobe and Avid products to seamlessly operate on network storage.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced video compression techniques and associated workflows.
- Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production tools, pipelines, storage systems and organization.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
- Ability to quickly switch between pressing tech issues and longer-term initiatives.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of other creative applications such as Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, The Foundry Flix, Maxon Cinema 4D.
- Passion for staying current on post-production trends.
- Passion for scripting and automation, specifically pertaining to Adobe products.
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard games and/or video games in general.
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.