The Media Manager / Assistant Editor will be hands on in the day to day ingest and organization of all media assets for CWL Content and Broadcast Production, as well as additional editing tasks in a post production environment. From asset ingestion through delivery, the AE will assist in keeping organization and workflows efficient. They will ensure Blizzards media assets are well organized and easily accessible. The ideal candidate would be VERY organized with an affinity for creating efficient workflows. This person should have a well-rounded experience and be able to wear multiple hats, including individual editing tasks, as well as assistance to lead editors. We are looking for someone that provides the most utility to the team rather than a master of a single skill.
- Manage the on-boarding process of several teams and stakeholders into the shared video server environment.
- Responsible for video editing and other content requests in the fast-paced environment.
- Organize and track ingested assets within video servers and offline hard drives.
- Responsible for implementing best metadata practices with focus on taxonomy.
- Catalog and ingest backlogged footage from past years.
- Fulfill internal and external footage requests to several Blizzard teams and contractors.
- Assist in creating workflows and policies
- Ingest and update new data daily for media distribution
- Coordinate with producers, editors and contractors
- Train and Manage users
- Monitor usage
- Tag Footage
- Become a master of the platform
- Train users as needed
- Source of support for editors
- Assist in managing Knowledge base and documentation
- 2+ Years Video Editing Experience
- Experience in Live and post-production workflows
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier, Photoshop, After Effects
- A love for organizing things… all the things
- Understanding of video servers, filesystems, and offlining practices
- Firm understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Firm understanding of drive formatting, partitioning and raids
- Proficient on Windows/Mac
- Passionate video gamer and geek is a plus
- Love for Esports is a plus
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.