The World of Warcraft (WoW) Development Team is looking for a full-time Producer. We want someone that can collaborate with the best game developers in the world to turn our “wouldn’t it be cool if…” ideas into reality. We’re a big team with a small team feel. We have a very talented group of people that value respect, collaboration, and a passion for WoW. We strive to maintain a friendly workplace where creativity, working as a team and greatness bring to life the most critically acclaimed and iconic MMO franchise in the world.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem-solving. As a group, we are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so creating a gaming experience like no other. As a Producer, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We want a person that enjoys working in a group setting and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Motivate and support to your team to ensure that project goals, objectives and deliverables are achieved
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and team resources
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Assist in the planning of content for dungeons and raids with design leads
- Communicate with art, design, UX, User Research, feature teams, cinematics and QA to guide features from concept to implementation
- Organize and manage brainstorm meetings and kick off meetings
- Own the development of day-to-day tasking and scheduling
- Help drive projects to completion by collaborating with team leadership
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game production
- Shipped at least 1 game
- Passion for and knowledge of WoW raids and dungeons
- Familiar with the game development process
- Ability to work effectively with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Strong project and people management skills
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- Ability to multitask
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor and ability to think critically strongly desired
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What games you are currently playing?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.