Oh ho! You’re moving up in the world! The Hearthstone tools team is looking for a fresh recruit to join our talented warband. All the best minions come here. How do we attract them? Two words: Funnel. Cakes….
…that and the chance to work on a AAA digital card game with millions of players in a fun, collaborative, and technically challenging environment with great compensation and a full range of benefits.
We’re looking for a passionate engineer to help shape the future of Hearthstone and level up our diverse menagerie of content creators by evolving their Annoy-o-Trons into Foe Reaper 4000s.
Join the charrrrrge today by helping us buff workflows, craft legendary new tools, and clean up the peanut shells on the floor. Ready to get started? Don’t tell the others – I’m rooting for you!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Write and extend our tooling infrastructure to help Hearthstone hit its ambitious future goals whilst supporting a live AAA game with a frequent stream of content releases.
- Radically improve the lives of Hearthstone developers by burning through years of accumulated tech debt and streamlining suboptimal workflows.
- Be a ‘force multiplier’ to the team by making the development process faster, safer, and easier than it’s ever been before.
- Assist with our DevOps team to help support, analyze, and unblock our talented team of designers, artists, and engineers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Previous experience implementing tools for mid-to-large scale game development.
- Proficiency in C#
- Familiarity with Unity.
- Experience with Perforce, Git or similar version control architecture.
- Ability to extend and improving an established code base.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing tooling in & around Unity (strongly preferred).
- Experience writing GUIs (preferably using WPF).
- Experience writing Python, Lua, or other interpreted languages.
- Familiarity with MVVM, data binding and reflection.
- Familiarity with web tooling frameworks (e.g. Angular, ASP.NET and/or React)
- Cross platform development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.