This is a paid, part-time remote contracting position with an expected 10-15 hours per week via third party agency.
Tespa is the world’s largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus support programs. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together. We’re looking for a Junior UX Designer to support our collegiate programs. Our goal is to provide a world-class entertainment experience for Tespa members, while encouraging students to study and play responsibly. Our ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, and video game-savvy. They embrace design thinking and are passionate about the opportunity to learn & grow with a fun and highly motivated team. Experience playing in competitive events, being a proven collegiate leader on your campus, and event organizational experience are pluses for the position.
- Help define end-to-end user experience in collaboration with the team and other stakeholders as relevant
- Understand the behavior and motivations of our users through the review of Google Analytics data, competitive analysis, and other research methods.
- Create design solutions including wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, and mockups.
- Validate and iterate on your design solutions through feedback sessions, live testing, etc.
- Adapt product experiences to different audiences based on their needs and the devices they use (feature personalization, responsive design, accessibility, etc.).
- Contribute to the creation, organization and distribution of project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories.
- Seek input and feedback from teammates and stakeholders across the organization to help define design solutions and present these solutions to the team.
- Participate in communication with product owners, engineers, and greater team to maintain strong project and team alignment.
- Help drive design projects through research, execution, implementation, and launch
- Currently pursuing a degree in design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Passion for web and mobile technology, gaming, and for creating great user-centered experiences
- Strong visual design, typography, layout, and composition skills, and understanding of the esports visual style
- Experience designing for mobile devices / responsive design
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and prototypes (using either Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, HTML, etc.)
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management and organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Approximately 10-15 hours of time per week
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data through competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams under Agile methodology
- Previous member of a Tespa Chapter
- Experience running and/or playing in competitive events
- Strong understanding of Tespa-supported games
- Cover Letter
- Please provide us with a URL or PDF file
- Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.