The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
The world needs heroes. Assemble your team and prepare to embark on a journey to create the most epic experiences ever! We’re looking for an innovative and technically proficient Senior Test Lead with an ability to see the big picture, and push testing strategies to the next level. You will be responsible for leading a team of Test Analysts, Software Engineers in Test, and partnering with other teams to drive quality assurance initiatives with a gameplay and systems mindset.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of 10+ towards individual and team excellence across multiple sub-teams
- Partner and provide high-value quality-related services to development engineering leadership
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Project manage multiple test schedules
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for test leadership, requirements gathering, and risk identification
- Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience always
- Coordinate responsible test area with regional teams
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
- Host test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives
- Lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Personnel Management experience: 2-3 years
- Test and/or Project Management experience: 5-8 years
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
- Demonstrated successes in test management for complex systems
- Shipped multiple mobile game titles as a test lead
- Passion for mobile games/experiences
- Experience as a program manager in-game software development
- Experience working on titles in the Unity Editor
- QA Leadership experience on Mobile games
- Coding knowledge: XML/HTML, LUA, SQL, Python, Java, C/C++/C#
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and service
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.