We are seeking an enthusiastic senior gameplay engineer to be a key contributor for the Warcraft III: Reforged team. We’re looking for passionate players of RTS or the genres it unlocked. Ideally, you have experience in several of the following areas: combat, AI, multiplayer, pathing, or related game systems. You’ll be working closely with our designers and the community to help create epic features and bring about a balance that will keep players engaged for years to come.
- Design, implement, and maintain various gameplay systems for Warcraft III: Reforged
- Help to improve the gameplay experience while also working on future gameplay features
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and community to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ game programming experience, including experience shipping at least one title
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems from start to finish, including game object management, AI, pathing, or player abilities
- Fluent in “Designer speak”
- Self-motivated with a willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with the Warcraft franchise and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience playing and developing RTS/MOBA games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Cover Letter - Let us know which games you're playing and why you're interested in Blizzard
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.