Call of Duty World League (CWL) is the official global esports league of the Call of Duty franchise. Teams from around the world compete online in the CWL National Circuit and at Global Open tournaments and in global arenas in the CWL Pro League for prizes and their chance to battle at the annual Call of Duty World League Championship. Poised for a great 2019 Season the league is ready to bring thrilling excitement to fans around the globe!
The Call of Duty World League is seeking a star brand manager who is passionate about implementing integrated marketing campaigns that impact popular culture and foster loyal, engaged fans. This role will work closely with the Director of Brand Marketing to help build world-class marketing programs that establish the CWL as the premier global professional esports experience. The brand manager will be the steward of the Call of Duty World League brand and will help to manage the look and feel of the Call of Duty World League with franchise owners, broadcasters and other external partners. He or she will manage the day-to-day interactions with creative partners, including advertising and production agencies, strategic brand partners, and internal Activision product team, creative and game development groups.
Also, the Brand Manager will serve as the League marketing liaison for the CWL teams by advising and partnering with all teams on their local marketing and fan engagement efforts. He or she will partner with the marketing leads at the teams to collect feedback, deliver best practices, and fulfill marketing-related requests, including any local team and/or brand activations.
This position is based in Santa Monica, CA and will report to the Director, Brand Marketing for the Call of Duty World League.
- Partner with Director of Marketing to formulate the global brand strategy & tactics for Call of Duty World League. Work with internal Activision’s Call of Duty franchise marketing teams in the customization and local execution of these plans.
- Spearhead, review and approve all branding, including creative developed from sponsors, internal consumer products group, brand collaborations, network partners, and regional offices.
- Manage the relationship with creative partners including advertising agencies and internal creative services and content groups.
- Manage media strategy and direct our media partners in the execution, evaluation, and optimization of those strategies against target objectives.
- Develop and execute promotional programs to increase fan engagement and viewership, while monitoring budget.
- Project-manage all brand marketing initiatives, ensuring deliverables are executed on time, on strategy, with required approvals.
- Oversee local marketing efforts for the Call of Duty World League’s professional teams. Partner with the marketing leads at the teams to collect feedback, deliver best practices, and fulfill marketing-related requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience in consumer brand marketing and/or agency experience, ideally in professional sports, entertainment, esports industries
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Experience launching marketing and advertising campaigns for global consumer and lifestyle brands
- Excellent written and verbal business communications skills
- Strong brand marketing, creative, and executional capabilities
- Able to thrive in a heavily cross-functional and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Experience working for or with traditional professional sports leagues/teams
- Experience working at an advertising or experiential agency
- Fan of the Call of Duty franchise
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Call of Duty World League
- What qualifies you for this role
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.