A Visual Development Artist creates conceptual art and illustrations for Blizzard Entertainment’s award winning cinematic films, video games, consumer products, unannounced projects, marketing and publishing material and much more. Your goal is to bring to life Blizzard Entertainment’s unique worlds by creating epic art using a wide range of styles used across the company.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Create character and environment concepts, color scripts, color keys, lighting studies, mood paintings and production illustrations for our animated shorts and cinematics in the Overwatch, Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm universes and future projects and developments.
- Create highly polished key-art and promotional illustrations for our animated shorts and games to inform and generate excitement for new content and expansions.
- Create promotional artwork for marketing, advertising and events like BlizzCon and GamesCon.
- Work with artists, art directors and directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the company.
Your Background and Experience:
- Exceptional ability to create stunning artistic images using 2D illustration, 3D, or a combination of both.
- You are a guru with shape design, silhouette, and structure as well as color and composition and you are not afraid to experiment with new software and technology.
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings.
- Regardless of your area of expertise, you’re excited to learn and grow within the disciplines.
- You love to collaborate. You take initiative and will help lead a creative vision, understanding that creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when working with others.
- You keep up with the latest trends in the industry and love learning new software, hardware and developing new workflows and techniques to push our pipeline, efficiency and artistic quality to the highest level.
- Strong traditional arts foundation, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting and illustration.
- Strong knowledge of 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, ZBrush, 3D Coat, etc.
- Ability to animate characters and creatures and express a wide range of emotions for use in 2.5D animated shorts.
- You love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and exploring ways to take them to the next level.
Requirements for Applying:
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be requested during the interview process
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.