Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
We are seeking an experienced engine programmer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This position involves working with artists, game programmers, and fellow engine programmers to develop and refine the Overwatch engine. You will have a passion for attention to detail and has a broad interest in chipping in to diverse areas of development including visuals, iteration times, code quality, performance, and reliability.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with artists, designers, game and engine programmers in order to maintain and implement tools and features in the engine.
- Support and improve the live service, including performance measurement and optimization.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience on at least one shipped title
- C++ and object-oriented design skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for systems or graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Good understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
- Self-motivated and a phenomenal teammate willing to pitch in on many areas in development
- Passion for writing clean and performant code
- Familiarity with rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware and API’s
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with particle / effects systems
- A degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.