Join the ranks of a legendary force of adventurers, demons, orcs, and scientists to help provide the context and humanity of "why" and "how" our players engage with our games.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior User Research Analyst to carry out user testing on some of the world’s best-known franchises. You will give a voice to our community by turning hard data into compelling stories, help craft the flow of our games, and be in the thick of team efforts to build great player experiences.
- Oversee the design and orchestration of test activities
- Maintain the master test schedule for User Research activities in QA
- Evangelize User Research philosophy and teach methods
- Identify and drive process improvements for the discipline
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other User Research Analysts
- Lead all User Research for one or more Blizzard games
- Coach the department on how to generate and formulate actionable feedback
- Liaise with Design, BI, Marketing, and Battle.net to collaborate and sync on test efforts
- Utilize and suggest telemetry to conduct detailed data analysis and recommendations
- Execute user-testing studies and activities
- Carry out research using a number of methods including, but not limited, to usability testing, UX, balance testing, focus groups, interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, card sorts, exploratory research, and field studies
- Provide summarized research directly to the development teams for discussion and future implementation
- Provide design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
- Orchestrate test strategy and design, for public and internal playtests
- Maintain detailed records of study details
- Upgrade and maintain lab equipment as necessary
- Graduate degree in psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, marketing, communications, market research, or related field
- Minimum 6 years experience usability or user research testing video games
- Prior experience owning all research on a AAA game
- High aptitude for gameplay mechanics and theory crafting
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of data analytics tools such as Tableau Software, Google Analytics, Excel power pivot or similar
- Proven ability to translate research findings into actionable product improvements
- Adaptable self-starter that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
- Real passion for user testing and video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.