One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is “Play Nice, Play Fair” – we believe that epic gaming experiences begin with a level playing field. Because of that, we passionately do everything we can to combat cheating in our games. We want YOU to join this fight!
As an experienced engineer, you can shape the technology that protects our games and have an impact across the whole company! We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we get exposed to a mind-boggling array of technologies – not only client and server security technologies, but graphics engines, machine learning, compilers, operating systems, etc. It’s an incredible place for passionate software engineers who love technology and games, and hate cheaters.
- Expand and advance game security coverage into new territory through C++ development for pc, mac, mobile, and console platforms – protecting ALL Blizzard games!
- Stay ahead of the cheat developers by researching and developing innovative techniques to combat reverse engineering and detect cheats.
- Work closely with game teams to analyze attacks, integrate upgrades, and design creative solutions that improve defenses without compromising performance.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Blizzard new employee orientation
- Learn about game security history, projects, coding standards
- Design and implement your first code obfuscation transform!
Within 3 months, you will:
- Select and tackle larger challenges based on your skill set. Opportunities include:
- Creating new methods for detecting cheats
- Building features and tackling software engineering challenges on our core products
- Using big data to find cheaters
- Analyzing cheat programs with static reverse engineering and/or dynamic analysis
- And more!
Within 1 year, you will:
- Define your own path in game security by:
- Specializing on a single product or branching out to multiple
- Choosing to embed with a game team on a part-time engagement to address their specific security needs
- Leading discovery, design, and development of features & products that shape the game security space!
- 5+ years of development experience
- Advanced C++ programming skills
- Comfortable developing cross-platform code
- Great problem solving and debugging ability
- Able to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel, including engineers, analysts, and producers
- Self-motivated; drives their tasking and identifies areas for the team to improve
- Interest in writing/manipulating code at a low-level (instruction/block/function)
- Ability to learn and grow!
- Reverse engineering experience
- Assembly programming or understanding of low-level machine architecture
- Experience with commercial protection and anti-tamper software
- Understanding of binary & symbol formats (PE/ELF/PDB/DWARF)
- Experience instrumenting or manipulating programs at a binary level or creating cheats
- Operating system internals (user and/or kernel)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.