Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a tools engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world class toolset, unlocking the potential of our artists and designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years to come. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the challenges facing content creators and be able to collaborate closely with them to design and create workflows that empower our users. A focus on the user experience and strong communication skills will be essential to success in this role.
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Engine teams to design and develop innovative solutions for new workflows
- Work closely with our users to iterate on usability, tool performance and stability
- Extend and refactor the existing development framework to maximize individual productivity
- Advise and mentor programmers within your areas of expertise
- Strong programming skills in C# and C++
- High level of proficiency with WPF
- Passion for tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for video games
- UI design experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.