Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Outsource Supervisor (2D Illustration) to work with the Hearthstone team on new and exciting content for our players. Your experience with game development and 2D concept/illustration pipelines will help you collaborate closely with outsource managers, concept artists, and designers to guide and direct content for the exciting experiences for players of Hearthstone.
This is a fulltime position that combines hands-on art direction with painting illustrations. We are searching for a type of artist who can give constructive and concise visual input, as well as implement feedback directly to external artists and guide them to successful results.
Do you enjoy working closely with internal and external talented artists? Do you have strong visual direction and communication skills that can help you guide and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors? Are you an experienced and flexible artist who can complete paint-overs, clarifying break-out sketches, collaborate with the internal team of artists and designers, and do final in-game production implementation? Do you thrive on collaborating with other artists, identifying art needs and pipeline areas of growth, and helping raise the bar of quality level? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage communication and provide feedback to artists externally to maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art production and procedures with external vendors and artists.
- Support quality control on all incoming art assets, helping provide feedback and approvals to the external vendors and internal development team.
- Work closely with the art lead, production team, and outsource managers to determine outsourcing needs and evolving our pipelines.
- Coordinate with the outsource managers to schedule and prepare for incoming assets, requests, and future assignments externally.
- Complete final paint overs and assist in asset implementation into the game.
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, and design.
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in creating illustrations.
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player.
- Must have experience painting in Photoshop.
- Clear and concise communication and people skills.
- Strong understanding of Hearthstone's visual style and the ability to develop assets that add to its charm.
- Familiarity of the Warcraft Universe.
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Experience working with outsourcing teams.
Application & Portfolio Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.