The Overwatch League is seeking a social media coordinator to execute daily management of its social pages and support digital content production. This person will be responsible for community management, social content programming, and generating league-wide engagement from teams to fans and influencers. She/he will work alongside the Overwatch League’s dedicated digital content team and act as a support role to the Overwatch League’s Associate Digital Content Manager. This person will also work cross-departmentally facilitating social programming deliverables and approvals from key stakeholders, and executing social posts for interdepartmental inputs (editorial, broadcast, marketing, etc.). She/he will also liaise with Overwatch League teams’ social media coordinators for league-wide campaigns and/or coordinated activations.
The ideal candidate will have a background in content production coupled with a deep knowledge of all social platforms, though most importantly Twitter and Instagram. Experience in YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok are a plus. She/he will also be fluent in esports, be a fan of the Overwatch League, and have a history of building passionate, fan-based communities through community engagement and strategic content distribution.
- Execute daily management of OWL’s social media pages including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok
- Support OWL’s digital content production team in brainstorming, scripting, and QC’ing daily content
- Distribute content adhering to OWL’s weekly social programming calendar, including fulfilling requests from interdepartmental inputs with a keen eye on deadlines and embargoes
- Manage requests and track deliverables for assets from our in-house Creative Services agency
- Facilitate daily content programming approvals with all key stakeholders interdepartmentally and work with the digital content production team in addressing any notes
- Execute live tweeting and match coverage including post copywriting, clip lifts, community engagement, and interactions with teams and players
- Curate top plays from each match day to support the digital content production team
- Assist with developing the voice and tone of the OWL brand on social media
- Curating and posting multimedia content (ie: gifs & images)
- Keeping a close eye on potential PR risks in the community and escalating as necessary
- Content metadata tagging in management dashboards
- 1+ years experience working with social platforms
- Experience in production, specifically video content creation
- Expert on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. Reddit a plus
- Ability to work weekends in-season
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate fan of esports and the Overwatch League
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills that shine through in audience engagement
- Experience executing against brand and sponsorship campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Sprinklr and other management dashboards
- Proficient in Wrike
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience with DAM and file sharing software like Libris and Greenfly a plus
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.