Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in Blizzard games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
We’re seeking an expert director of financial planning & analysis (FP&A) to serve as a senior financial business partner, guiding the financial planning and analysis for ABEL. This person will be a key strategic collaborator working directly with the Leagues’ business operations and product teams and providing operational and process leadership for the finance department.
You're an independent, motivated leader with a proven track record of actively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization. You'll be responsible for driving key finance processes across the including financial forecasting, budgeting and multi-year strategic plans, and providing key strategic financial consultations to the vice president, finance and strategy. In addition, you will help to drive monthly commercial reviews, and partner with key business leaders to optimize and support business expansion.Responsibilities
- Key finance business partner for the leaders of ABEL’s business operations units
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting, establishing and communicating process deliverables, and driving financial reporting execution
- Proactively identify and implement process efficiencies to improve productivity and quality of forecasts
- Communicate financial insights to help leadership evaluate and drive resource and prioritization decisions, both through long-term tools and ad-hoc studies
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews
- Build financial cost management tools to support organizational goals
- Collaborate with Blizzard financial team, leveraging Blizzard systems, data and processes to fulfill business data needs
- Work with operations, marketing, and finance groups to coordinate budgets, forecasts, and priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or relevant field of study and a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Superlative talent for analysis and communication of analysis
- Demonstrated successes using complex data sets to drive informed business decisions
- Sense of urgency and problem-solving initiative
- Previous experience partnering with senior business leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global environment (including finance, business operations, and development leaders)
- Integrity, excellent judgment and discretion, diplomacy skills
- Experience in an entrepreneurial or start up environment
- Work experience related to gaming, traditional sports or media
- Avid player of Blizzard games and a passion for esports
- MBA or CFA
- Experience with Oracle Essbase
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.