We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Program Manager to help us build the ultimate platform for online entertainment.
We are seeking a passionate and skilled individual to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform enabling them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary worlds.
The Battle.net and Online Products group handles a large number of projects that are not tied to individual games but are shared among all of Blizzard’s games past and future. This position will help define and execute the vision for various online services, engage with engineering teams, and collaborate with game team partners. You will interact with senior technical leaders and engineers for all games at Blizzard as well as senior managers within Battle.net. If this is you, you are a seasoned product or program manager. Prior experience managing mid-sized, complex, and in some cases multi-year projects, the right balance of technical and soft skills, experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great services end-to-end, the organizational skills to drive quality across organizations, and the ability to partner with different types of people.
This position is based out of our Austin, TX office.
- Deliver key platform features or enhancements to existing systems, owning the lifecycle from inception to live, while working closely with partners across all of Blizzard.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform to ensure that features address business needs and are delivered on time.
- Balance competing requirements and dependencies with teams.
- Work closely with your engineering partner to deliver against product specifications.
- Inspire change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request partner decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Draft critical program management specifications, roadmaps, and related deliverables.
- Own and drive internal and external relationships with key partners.
- Become a deep, functional expert in building a world-class gaming service.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- Experience working in server/service development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Solid understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- A real passion for Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for growth. Our people are everything. Our values are real, and our mission has never changed. Blizzard dedicated itself to creating the most entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.