Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated Rigging Artist - Temp who will partner closely with the Technical Artists on our In-Game Cinematics team. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated artist who has built complex character rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters. He/she must have a strong understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior and be comfortable in a scripted environment. This artist must be attuned to the needs of an in-game production pipeline and those of the animators we support.
- Build and maintain high quality rigs
- Collaborate with modelers for the creation of models that meet technical needs
- Work closely with animators to determine rig needs and requirements
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize tasks
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 2+ years professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of deformations and topology for both Body and Face
- Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
- Experience with Python and MEL
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing rigging and technical proficiency
- Experience building high quality rigs for game productions
- Ability to work in different visual styles
- Experience working with a big team of animators
- Understanding of Games development process
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging pipeline
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.