Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Lead to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Platform SDK team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Platform SDK team maintains and delivers the shared code for the major features of the Battle.net platform, providing the primary integration point for our game studios to interface with the services created by other teams inside Battle.net & Online Products. The SDK facilitates usage of many products, such as authentication, social graph, voice chat, telemetry, and more. The Platform SDK product is a crucial part of our Platform Experience group, a new group within Battle.net & Online Products tasked with making the Battle.net platform as easy to integrate as possible.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned technical leader and software engineer with previous experience developing for a variety of platforms and devices, focused on working with constraints and writing performant code. You also know how to build and lead a team of engineers and mentor them on their career paths. You should enjoy working closely with engineers from outside teams to collaborate on solutions that benefit the entire platform.
- Work with new and existing game development teams to ensure smooth integration of Platform SDK into their respective products and improve their experiences working with Battle.net code.
- Work with teams inside Battle.net & Online Products to ensure their SDKs work with all of our targeted platforms and compilers, as well as manage potential breaking changes.
- Write production-ready SDK sample-code to demonstrate proper use of the Battle.net platform.
- Collaborate with technical writers to enhance SDK documentation.
- Manage and improve the release process of multiple code bases.
- Ensure your team is clear on architecture and engineering goals and keep them on track to deliver.
- Mentor individual contributor software engineers, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional software engineering work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing people and leading a team.
- Proficient in modern, cross-platform C++ on Windows and Linux.
- Expertise in networking protocols and client/server architecture.
- Experience with build processes and pipelines, especially CI/CD and Premake/CMake/other project generation tools.
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to weigh the pros and cons of different architecture decisions and create a clear path forward.
- Comfortable with working in, analyzing, and improving an existing codebase.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, attention to detail, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Previous software architecture and design experience.
- Previous work on SDKs, APIs, services or other products where software engineers are the primary customer.
- Previous work in an agile development environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple platforms, especially consoles and mobile.
- Working knowledge of Java and/or C#.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.