Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Associate Software Engineer to join the Social Systems team within our Battle.net & Online Products Game Services Group! This is an associate-level position that provides a great opportunity to learn and contribute to new technologies used by Blizzard games.
The Game Services Group develops the software, services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When a player logs in, sends a friend request, a whisper, or a chat within one of our rich virtual worlds, Game Services powers these capabilities. When you use voice chat, check your profile statistics, or create a new social group, we are the team that makes those things possible. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2 to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft to Heroes, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, Game Services is ready to answer the call with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge all player engagement.
- Work with a small and talented team to develop scalable, highly performant platform services
- Develop new features and services to support the needs of multiple teams
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and other teams in the ongoing effort to improve our platform infrastructure and features
- Learn and grow with the team, adapting to new technologies.
- See projects through from requirement gathering to development, testing support, launch, and live coverage
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Proficiency authoring code in C++
- Able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
- Self-motivation and a willingness to learn
- A desire to help make the service the best that it can be for our players
- Comfortable working in an established codebase
- Strong debugging skills
- An eye for code quality, documentation and testing
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
- A passion for both video games, and technology
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.