Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced surfacing / look dev technical director (TD) to join our cinematics team. The surfacing TD must have a thorough knowledge of texture painting, shading, and rendering tools currently used in the CG / VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline tools and workflows. They will work with technical and artistic supervisors to determine workflows, tool requirements, and asset needs for the surfacing team. This individual will also implement artist tools and workflow automation. They must be excellent communicators.
- Proficient python development skills and debugging techniques
- Excellent working knowledge of Mari, Maya, Renderman, Redshift
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide, Ptex
- Strong object oriented programming design skills
- Strong understanding of the CG production process, from asset creation to final compositing
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- Experience with Substance Painter / Designer, Photoshop, 3ds Max
- C, C++ programming experience
- Shell scripting experience (c-shell, bash, etc.)
- Windows programming experience
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Generalist TD experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.