Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced public relations professional to manage its public relations (PR) strategies and efforts in Latin America Spanish speaking countries. With an ability to think both creatively and strategically in addition to a passion for games, the entertainment industry and all about new communications trends, techniques and tools. The PR Manager will work in close cooperation with the regional and global PR managers and many other teams including, community management, marketing, and game project managers to help spread the word about Blizzard’s games throughout Latin America Spanish speaking countries.
The ideal candidate possesses a track record in orchestrating successful PR plans and a clear understanding on how PR initiatives can directly impact business and sales indicators. The candidate must use the right and most diverse channels (from social media influencers to mainstream open TV and events management) to positively impact the company business. On top of that, the candidate must have an uncanny attention to detail, excellent time-micromanagement skills, the ability to laugh in the face of the unforeseen, and of course a passion for all things Blizzard.
This position will report to Latin America PR Manager and is based in Blizzard’s offices in Mexico City (Mexico).
- Execute high impact PR programs in Latin America Spanish speaking countries supporting media activities at industry events on deadline with limited to no supervision.
- Collaborate with Blizzard’s regional and global PR teams to execute complex communications plans.
- Understand regional business goals and develop projects and initiatives that use modern communications techniques to positively impact them on deadline with limited to no supervision.
- Conduct correspondence and ongoing relationship building efforts with Latin America Spanish speaking media maintaining and expanding Blizzard’s media contact network in Latin America Spanish speaking countries, including (but not limited to) trade and mainstream press, social media influencers, celebrities, and business partners.
- Manage day to day contact with the company's target media, including consumer and trade media, as well as daily press, electronic media, mainstream media, celebrities, business partners, and social media influencers.
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments within Blizzard and follow up on assignments with multiple parties to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Compile media coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries.
- Create press kits and other promotional materials while assisting with public relations activities related to product launches and industry events.
- Plan and conduct regional events and media tours on deadline with limited to no supervision.
- Provide local market and competitive insights from the Latin American Spanish Speaking territories to the Communications leaders based in Irvine, California.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Additional projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ public relations management experience not only in Mexico, but also in territories such as Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Colombia.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or journalism, or equivalent experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, being able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with strong verbal and written communications in both languages
- Proven solid project leadership
- Ability to deliver on deadlines with limited to no supervision
- Depth of experience to make independent judgements and decisions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the entertainment industry and business.
- Able to connect PR and business needs to develop communications messages and solutions
- Able to consistently execute good independent judgment, organize thoughts, and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload with limited to no supervision
- Extensive list of already established media contacts in Latin America Spanish speaking countries, from social media influencers to consumer media (broadcast TV, magazines, and newspapers), and knowledgeable in how to expand it
- Creative think out of the box mindset and ability to turn creative ideas into actionable integrated communications plans
- Crisis-management experience being able to anticipate situations, resolve problems in early stages, plan and communicate stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Able to quickly build rapport up, down, and across the organization, establishing collaborative relationships to achieve objectives, seeking win-win solutions to conflict, displaying empathy and tolerates diverse viewpoints being respectful and approachable.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Extremely detail oriented approach to each assignment, and motivation to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to think strategically and creatively and an understanding of all facets of PR and new communications trends, tools, and techniques
- Personal passion for games (PC, mobile, console), entertainment, and technology
- Team focused and flexible mentality, while being able to proactively complete independent projects with minimal supervision.
- Previous PR management experience in the entertainment industry (movies, music, studios).
- Knowledge and passion for Blizzard games specifically
- Fluency in Portuguese
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- How you and your expertise will change the way Blizzard and its games are perceived in Latin America Spanish speaking countries.
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio with PR placement results (video clips, links, PDFs)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.