The Overwatch team is seeking an environment modeler with a focus on architecture/level art.
As an environment artist on Blizzard’s Overwatch, your talent and vision will help shape the expanding Overwatch universe. You will work closely with our concept, environment and level design team to create levels that are both gameplay-oriented, beautiful and consistent with the handcrafted art styles that our games are known for.
Your broader experience with game development and building well designed levels will help you work collaboratively with level designers to ensure that you are always putting gameplay first when it comes to developing strong, fun areas to play in.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
- Use concept art inspiration to create game assets that make our world come alive.
- Use next-gen materials and pipelines to forge assets for use in the game engine.
- Iterate on level art and layout with designers via prototyping and group critiques to improve look and gameplay.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development as an artist specializing in level art/architectural modeling
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Passion for level design
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary art team to help bring environments to life within the vision of the game design
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Experience with BSP level design
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – lighting, VFX, or concept
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as an environment/level artist.
- Good technical chops and the ability to quickly master new pipelines and tools
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.