Activision/Blizzard Esports seeks a Segment Producer to work with Call of Duty League match producers to produce and create new and creative assets into the live broadcasts across all platforms. This hands-on producer will work with show talent, show producers, graphics teams, video editors, and research teams to identify storylines and create weekly show elements. This producer will also assist in long-term show planning working with senior producers, Call of Duty League marketing, COD game team producers, and others.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating engaging show elements and a deep knowledge of esports – notably the Call of Duty League. Needs the ability to collaborate with producers, ability to pitch ideas and also take direction, and the ability to be self-motivated to work individually at times.
- Work with show producers and on-air talent to identify weekly storylines in the Call of Duty League.
- Take ownership of creating specialty on-air assets (graphics, video vignettes, etc) to highlight stories and players in an impactful manner
- Look at the week ahead to help get production a head start while other team members are traveling or out of office
- Be a consistent Point-of-Contact for other league personnel needing to connect with the broadcast team
- Helping producers script shows and prep talent with scripts
- Coordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality.
- Help coordinate production assistants, broadcasts associates, and broadcast researchers
- Facilitate communications with other producers, production and post-production staff and stakeholders from other teams.
- Must have 5+ years of equivalent production experience
- Must have deep experience & proven track record in live TV or digital programming
- Thorough knowledge of the Call of Duty League and esports productions
- Must have experience producing current/former professional athletes, celebrities and/or on-air talent
- Can multi task in a fast pace production environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and a track record of leadership ability
- Working knowledge of Live Broadcast workflows and practices.
- Experience in managing large quantities of assets and complex project schedules
- Ability to guide projects from inception through post.
- Work with multiple teams of Blizzard employees, contractors, and vendors working on multiple franchise esports productions.
- Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
- Strong ownership and responsibility for the work they are responsible for
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights and/or holidays
- A passion for video games and esports
- Sports Production experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.