Want to be at the forefront of esports for StarCraft? Do you have the determination and willpower to get things done? The Blizzard Entertainment esports team is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized project manager with outstanding communications skills and a demonstrated aptitude for project management. The ideal candidate must be capable of communications regarding esports objectives, love the act of planning, enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment, be versed in project management styles and processes, and track esports projects according to established deadlines. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as, the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions.
- Work with the StarCraft esports team to define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by esports management.
- Develop or support the creation of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements for each assigned project.
- Champion projects to various departments and teams with a wide variety of backgrounds / goals.
- Develop and determine status frequency, and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements documentation, along with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to community and esports management.
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of assigned projects.
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Act as a contact between internal departments, regional teams, and esports.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the esports team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Knowledge of project management methods, including aspects of process development and execution
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to gain cooperation and reduce tension among team members and impacted departments
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills in English
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Formal project management training, and / or certification
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and other online project management tools
- Passionate about StarCraft and the emerging esports landscape
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.