Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic service engineer to join a quickly maturing devops engineering culture where everyone is deeply focused on service maturity, live site reliability and modern engineering principles.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone with deep understanding of systems architecture, tempered with knowledge of how applications interact with systems at scale. They will be comfortable with investigation into how the software performs, network traffic flows, and service daemons interact with one another.
- Work with program managers, software engineers, and service owners to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of services.
- Own projects and initiatives within the team, providing peers with technical guidance and direction.
- Participate in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Identifying underlying root causes and provide recommendations or solutions for long term permanent fixes to critical production issues.
- Develop effective documentation, tooling, and alerts to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other members of the Service Engineering team.
- Experience working with Unix / Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Able to read / write code fluently in any of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Networking: experience with network theory e.g. TCP / IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and AZURE
- Familiar with configuration management tooling such as; Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience working with container technologies such as; Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Passion for video games, and / or game industry experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.