Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our Hearthstone team in Irvine, California. This engineer will work principally on the server platform of the Hearthstone service as part of a talented and passionate team developing a world-class strategy game, enabling the potential of our developers to create insanely fun content. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing robust, efficient code, and an understanding of the challenges involved with simulating and scaling a networked client/server game. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to develop the server components of the Hearthstone platform.
- Architect systems for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay and feature fundamentals.
- Improve and support the live service
- 3+ years of experience of server programming
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Some experience with deploying a live service
- Self-motivated and willingness to pitch in on many areas of small game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software
- Linux development experience
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Computer science or related degree
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.