We are searching for a talented designer to join the ranks of our initial design team to design cards and characters that flesh out the charming, fun world of Hearthstone.
Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of Hearthstone and working knowledge of card-game mechanics. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a true passion for game design.
A typical day involves implementing new cards in our scripting tool, adding temporary art to them, playing games with other designers, providing feedback, and designing new cards.
- Design compelling Hearthstone mechanics using Hearthstone design principles.
- Enhance the storytelling of Hearthstone using: card names, concepts, dialogue, flavor text, and game mechanics that highlight the world, characters, and story.
- Implement cards using simple scripting languages.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Hearthstone’s tools, and contribute to the ongoing development of new tools for designers.
- Continual iteration on card design based on team feedback and playtests.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a game design role with at least one shipped title.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially with Blizzard Entertainment products and the Warcraft universe.
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Multiple golden heroes in Hearthstone
- Legend rank in Hearthstone
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Creative writing background
- Technical/Computer Science background
- Artistic background
- Excellent knowledge of World of Warcraft's history and characters.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include: Why you are interested in working at Blizzard, What games you are currently playing and Your experience with Hearthstone including your current and highest rank achieved.
- Design a single card with a paragraph on why they would be good for Hearthstone. Also include: An art description, Voice over lines and Flavor text. Please include this with your cover letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.