Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a server engineer on Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world-class multiplayer game, unlocking the potential of our developers to create compelling and exciting gameplay. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing robust, efficient code, and an understanding of the challenges involved with simulating and scaling a networked client/server game.
- Support and improve the live service, with a focus on performance measurement and optimization
- Work side-by-side with QA, design, production and other specialists to tackle some of our most complex problems
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay features
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience on at least one shipped title
- C++ and object-oriented design skills
- Passion for networking and high-performance programming
- Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Passion for writing clean and performant code
- Linux / Unix experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative DevOps environment
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.