Blizzard Entertainment’s cinematic sound department is seeking a talented senior producer with post production experience to provide support for multiple Blizzard Entertainment franchises. As a member of the cinematic audio production team you will have an array of responsibilities spawning across multiple projects and disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in audio, music, and video post-production pipelines as well as project and organizational management. The position will work closely with the senior cinematic audio producer to interface with picture editors, cinematic directors, producers, and sound supervisors, to support a variety of content for varying projects that includes promotional media, web videos, trailers, logos, inward-facing content, etc. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, in addition to solid interpersonal skills as you must be able to interact well with other departments and a multitude of clients.
Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, have excellent organizational and time management skills, is comfortable taking direction and criticism, is easily adaptable to shifting priorities, and is able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership for sound projects in support of cinematics and media, seeing them successfully through production.
- Coordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality.
- Facilitate communications with other producers, sound designers, voice directors, composers, audio / video technicians and stakeholders from other teams.
- Source, vet, and manage relationships with external vendors as appropriate in support of audio development.
- Manage budget planning as well as execution to budget.
- Take responsibility for finding appropriate solutions to problems and challenges as they arise within the group.
- Maintain clear notes in meetings / reviews to send out immediately after and depicts clear action items.
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment.
- A minimum of 6 years’ industry experience in a video game or post production setting with a minimum of 3 AAA shipped titles or equivalent film / television credits
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience owning and managing budgets
- Experience in managing large quantities of assets and complex project schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Experience facilitating teams and delivering products on time
- Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
- Strong ownership and responsibility for the work they are responsible for
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Familiar with Blizzard's titles as well as the Blizzard "sonic brand"
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Audio / Sound
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.