Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing, and versatile Systems Engineer to join the IT events team. You’ll be joining a small technical team focused on engineering, building, and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard events and eSports. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments to epic scale events like Gamescom or Blizzcon. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and support Blizzard event infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support
- Provide technical leadership towards Blizzard internal teams and 3rd party agencies at all stages of events projects
- Document and keep up to date operational processes, procedures, and Systems topology of Blizzard events infrastructure
- Work with development teams to prepare and administer event game services
- Lead and define root cause analysis of incidents during live events
- Development and improvement of the events architecture, support and monitoring strategies
- Ensure highest security standards implementation
- A minimum of 5 years’ Systems administration experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in coding automation scripts (one or many of Python/Powershell/Ruby)
- Extensive experience in design, configuration and troubleshooting of corporate grade Operating Systems and virtualization technologies (Microsoft and Linux)
- Proficient with monitoring and dashboarding tools
- Working knowledge of Network principles
- Proven experience to work autonomously
- Proven experience to adapt to rapidly changing situations proposing methodical solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and Agile methodologies
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 30kg
- Able (and willing) to travel a minimum of 1 week/month across Europe
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Passionate player of games, particularly Blizzard Entertainment’s games
- Fluent in French or German
- Additional certification (Any of the Microsoft, CompTIA or LPI)
Please send your application in English.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.