2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
UX/UI Design Intern
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences. Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic intern to join the B&OP Applications team.
We value applicants with exceptional creativity, strong communication skills, the ability to think quickly, excellent problem-solving skills, and passion for delivering world-class software and entertainment experiences. Does the idea of working with teams that are delivering on the future product vision for Blizzard’s out of game experiences spark your imagination?
Blizzard is looking for an associate UX/UI designer who loves solving complex problems and are passionate about research, design, and gaming. An associate UX/UI designer could be working on a variety of user-centered design or research projects, creating and supporting software or Web solutions for our gamers or employees. This opportunity favors people with an entrepreneurial spirit who can think globally. A UX/UI Designers workload may be research-focused, design-focused, or both, depending on their interests, passions, and abilities.
- Help the team understand what our users are doing and why – Usability, interviews, web and business intelligence analytics, multivariate statistics, and data mining
- Define problems and opportunities – Analysis of current behaviors combined with our business needs that you will form into stories
- Create and show solutions – Reports and data-driven recommendations for changes based on your findings
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More testing and analysis as you work with designers and researchers
- Deliver and follow though – Launch new ideas and post-launch analysis on metrics and user behavior
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology and gaming
- A passion for great experiences and user-centered designs
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and low-fidelity prototypes (using Sketch, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Can support research team with competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Majoring in a related field (human computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, human factors, informatics, social science, etc.)
- Experience creating personas
- Experience using eye-tracking software is a plus
- Basic experience creating wireframes, flows, and prototypes are a plus
- Knowledge of video editing with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After effects (or equivalent) is a plus
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.